The Queen’s Nursing Institute is a registered charity dedicated to improving the nursing care of people in the home and community.
We promote excellent nursing care for everyone, where and when they need it, provided by nurses and their teams with specific skills and knowledge.
How do we do it?
- Through our national network of Queen’s Nurses, who are committed to the highest standards of care and who lead and inspire others
- By funding nurses’ own ideas to improve patient care, helping them develop their skills through leadership and training programmes
- By publishing research into nursing practice, workforce and education, improving knowledge and standards
- By influencing government, policy makers and employers, and campaigning for investment in high quality community nursing services
- By offering educational grants to enhance nurses’ clinical knowledge
- By helping working and retired community nurses in times of financial need or life crisis
- By linking up working and retired nurses for regular telephone contact.
We see a future where more people are treated at home, rather than in hospital, where technology is exploited to the full and the relationship between nurse and patient is central to quality healthcare.