In this section:
Enjoy a great day out, and raise vital funds for nursing and caring charities, by visiting an open garden. Click here to find out more.
Providing vital funding for projects that help improve patient care.
If you are interested in nursing heritage, visit our website celebrating District Nursing around the world since 1859.
The QNI offers an educational grant programme which supports community nurses in financial need who are planning to undertake programmes of study to enhance their clinical knowledge and improve nursing care for patients in the community.
Normally, we support nurses up to and including band 6 (or equivalent) who are in need of financial assistance to achieve their ambition to improve care for their patients.
Please note we cannot help nurses in Scotland. Please contact QNI Scotland instead at www.qnis.org.uk
Applications can be submitted throughout the year
• We only consider funding accredited education courses and modules promoting excellence in community nursing.
• Courses must demonstrate a clear clinical benefit to patients
• Applications can be submitted throughout the year
• Applicants can only receive a QNI education grant once
• Grants of up to £500 are available for course fees and book grants
• Travel costs to attend educational courses are not normally funded
• Applications are considered on a discretionary basis and assessed individually
• Successful applicants will be asked to provide feedback on the assistance received following completion of the educational programme
• All awards are subject to applicants meeting the above criteria
Courses may include the following:
Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN)
• school nursing
• health visiting
Specialist Community Practitioner Qualification (SPQ)
• district nursing
• general practice nursing
• community children’s nursing
• community mental health nursing
• community learning disabilities nursing
Return to nursing (in the community)
Return to health visiting/school nursing
Advanced Nurse Practitioner – community focused
Other community nursing courses may also be considered
If you would like to discuss further, please call Joanne Moorby on 0207 549 1400, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A number of other organisations may be able to provide educational funding for nurses.
The Florence Nightingale Foundation
The Royal College of Nursing
The RCN has bursaries available to members. Visit www.rcn.org.uk
The RCN Foundation Bursary Scheme:
Scholarships, bursaries, learning and development opportunities available for Nurses, midwives and Health Care Assistants. Click her to find out more.
The Sandra Charitable Trust
For people pursuing a career in nursing, the Trust can be contacted at:
St. Pauls House
8-12 Warwick Lane
London EC4M 7BP
020 7334 9191
Professional Classes Aid Council
10 St Christopher’s Place
London W1U 1HZ
020 7935 0641