A Queen’s Nurse is someone who is committed to high standards of practice and patient-centred care.
The Queen’s Nurse programme brings together community nurses who want to develop their professional skills and who share common values, with a shared title.
The title of ‘Queen’s Nurse’ is available to individual nurses who have demonstrated a high level of commitment to patient care and nursing practice.
All nurses, as well as health visitors and midwives, who work in the community are eligible to apply – including practice nurses, specialists and educators.
The Queen’s Nurse title will:
- Connect you with a supportive network
- Link you with a regional QN group
- Provide formal recognition of your commitment to improving care
- Provide access to our free developmental programme, bursaries and networking
- Entitle you to attend the Queen’s Nurse annual meeting
- Provide other learning and leadership opportunities.
The Queen’s Nurse programme is generously supported by The National Gardens Scheme.