Homeless Health Events for Professionals
We organise regular homeless health events on subjects that are of particular interest to health professionals working with vulnerable clients who are not living in secure accommodation.
This could include families living in vulnerable housing, for example bed and breakfast accommodation, to people sleeping in hostels, to those living on the street.
Recent events have included: homeless health and substance misuse, nursing communicable diseases, managing long term conditions, healthcare for refugees and asylum seekers, and approaches to managing inequalities.
Most events are free to attend for network members and are advertised in the events section of our website.
I'm writing to say thank you for such a fabulous conference on Friday. It was well organised, well thought out and well executed.
Working in Cheshire with limited connections and links with peers can sometimes be a lonely business. Being able to liaise with people from similar situations was priceless.
I heard things which supported much of the work we were striving towards and I also got some good ideas from others.
All in all, one of the most useful conferences I have been to.
- Substance misuse and homelessness: health and care responses, Liverpool, October 2016
- Healthcare for refugees and asylum seekers, Leeds, April 2016
- Improving mental healthcare for people who are homeless, Peterborough, January 2016
- Nursing Communicable Diseases, Cardiff, October 2015
- Managing Long Term Conditions while Homeless, London, June 2015
- Equalities in our Health, Bristol, April 2015
- Self-Care for people experiencing homelessness: what’s possible? Manchester, February 2015
- Mental health and substance misuse, Leicester, October 2014.