We provide small grants to individuals to undertake community nursing courses.
We operate an educational grants programme for community nurses to enhance their clinical knowledge.
Download our application form and read the general application criteria below.
We support nurses up to and including band 6 (or equivalent) who are in need of financial assistance to further their education. Please note we cannot help nurses in Scotland: nurses living there should contact QNI Scotland instead.
Grants of up to £1000 are awarded and applications can be submitted throughout the year online or downloading the Word form. Please note, QNI education grants can only be paid once.
- We only fund accredited courses and modules in community nursing
- Courses must demonstrate a clear clinical benefit to patients
- Applicants can only receive a QNI educational grant once
- Grants are available for course fees and books
- Travel costs to attend educational courses are not normally funded
- Applications are considered on a discretionary basis and assessed individually
- Successful applicants will be asked to provide feedback following completion of the programme.
Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN)
- school nursing
- health visiting
Specialist Community Practitioner Qualification (SPQ)
- district nursing
- general practice nursing
- community children’s nursing
- community mental health nursing
- community learning disabilities nursing
- Return to nursing (in the community)
- Return to health visiting/school nursing
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner – community focused
Other community nursing courses may also be considered. Please call Joanne Moorby on 0207 549 1400 or email [email protected] to discuss.