We provide small grants to individuals to undertake community nursing courses.
We operate an educational grants programme for community nurses to enhance their clinical knowledge.
We support nurses up to and including band 6 (or equivalent) who are in need of financial assistance to further their education. Please note we cannot help nurses in Scotland and nurses living there should contact QNI Scotland instead.
Education grants can only be paid once.
Grants of up to £500 are awarded and applications can be submitted throughout the year online or by downloading the form below.
- We only fund accredited courses and modules in community nursing
- Courses must demonstrate a clear clinical benefit to patients
- Applicants can only receive a QNI educational grant once
- Grants are available for course fees and books
- Travel costs to attend educational courses are not normally funded
- Applications are considered on a discretionary basis and assessed individually
- Successful applicants will be asked to provide feedback following completion of the programme.
Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN)
- school nursing
- health visiting
Specialist Community Practitioner Qualification (SPQ)
- district nursing
- general practice nursing
- community children’s nursing
- community mental health nursing
- community learning disabilities nursing
Return to nursing (in the community)
Return to health visiting/school nursing
Advanced Nurse Practitioner – community focused
Other community nursing courses may also be considered. Please call Joanne Moorby on 0207 549 1400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Other grant-giving organisations
- The Royal College of Nursing has bursaries available to members
- The Sandra Charitable Trust
To apply email: email@example.com or call 020 7334 9191.