How can contemporary nurses deliver person-centred care?
30 November 2018
This QNI Homeless Health event will bring together nursing students, educators, researchers and practitioners in homeless healthcare to learn and share ideas. The day aims to educate, inspire, and connect people with a passion for improving healthcare for some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
Thanks to funding from the Oak Foundation and the Queen’s Nursing Institute, the event is free to attend. If you want to attend you must book your place by 21 November.
The day is organised by the Queen’s Nursing Institute and hosted by the University of Salford.
- Jane Cook QN, Health and Homelessness Adviser, Ministry for Communities, Housing and Local Government
- Ann Trotter, Assistant Director: Education and Standards, Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Dr Michelle Cornes, Senior Research Fellow, King’s College London
- Stan Burridge, Experts By Experience Project Lead, Pathway
- Nicky Goulder, CEO, Create
- Carin Tunaker, Project Manager, Porchlight
- Victoria Sharman QN, Community Clinical Nurse Lead, Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Trust
- Elizabeth Keat QN, Outreach Nurse – Gypsy and Traveller Community, Leeds Community Healthcare
- Catherine Best QN, Nursing Lecturer, University of Bradford
- Facilitated by: David Parker-Radford, Homeless Health Programme Manager, The QNI
- With welcome by: Professor Philip Brown, Professor of Social Change, Sustainable Housing and Urban Studies Unit, University of Salford
On the agenda:
- Launch of QNI Nursing Care for People Experiencing Homelessness Report
- Nurse education – changing to meet modern times
- The Homelessness Reduction Act, Rough Sleeping Initiative and Duty to Refer
- Homeless Hospital Discharge
- Film as a research method with young homeless LGBT people
- Creative arts as a tool to improve mental health
- Problem Gambling and homelessness
People who attend will receive a certificate of attendance upon completing feedback.
If you wish to receive updates for QNI homeless health information and future events, enter your details here.