QNI Healthcare in the Community Conference 2017
25-26 September 2017
The QNI’s Annual Conference will take place on 25th – 26th September 2017.
This is our major annual conference for all nurses working in the community, primary care and other settings. We will hear from a range of high profile speakers on the major issues affecting nursing in the community, with an opportunity to question and network with policy makers, system leaders and educators.
The Draft Programme gives details of all the plenary speakers and parallel sessions.
Invited speakers include:
- The Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP (invited), Secretary of State for Health
- Professor Jane Cummings, Chief Nursing Officer for England, NHS England
- Professor Mark Radford, Director of Nursing – Improvement, NHS Improvement
- Professor Jean White, Chief Nursing Officer, Wales
- Professor Charlotte McArdle, Chief Nursing Officer, Northern Ireland
- Dr Crystal Oldman CBE, Chief Executive, QNI
- Professor Ursula Gallagher, Deputy Chief Inspector, CQC
- Professor Lisa Bayliss-Pratt, Director of Nursing, Health Education England
- Jackie Smith, Chief Executive, NMC
- Professor Brian Webster-Henderson, Chair, Council of Deans of Health
- Professor Viv Bennett, Public Health England Chief Nurse & the Government’s Principal Advisor on Public Health Nursing. Public Health Nursing & Midwifery WHO Collaborating Centre Head
- George Plumptre, Chief Executive, National Garden Scheme
Call for Poster Presentations
Entries are invited from nurses working in the community and primary care to promote any area of their clinical practice that reflects the Conference themes.
Day 1: Improving Care – what does good look like?
Posters should relate to a direct nursing intervention or new way of working with a client group or a community, which led to an improved health/clinical outcome and/or patient experience.
Day 2: Community & Primary Care – Nursing for the future
Posters should demonstrate innovative ways of planning their future nursing workforce
QNI conference 2017- Call for Poster Presentations Application Form can be downloaded. All completed forms must be sent back to Anne Pearson by Friday 21st July.
Please contact Farida Barlas with any queries about the event and we look forward to welcoming you in September.
Feedback from delegates from last year’s conference:
‘The best conference I’ve been to.’
‘Thank you for a great two days. I came away feeling re-energised and motivated.’
The Twitter hashtag is #QNI2017