Education Grants for Nurses Working with People Experiencing Homelessness
12 February 2021
The QNI and the Company of Nurses are joint funding opportunities for three Homeless Health nurses to undertake the Homeless and Inclusion Health module which is being offered by University College London (UCL).
The course covers:
- homeless and inclusion health as an evolving discipline
- the health status and determinants of health for excluded populations
- the role of individuals and services in addressing these health needs.
You’ll learn from world-class researchers, experienced policy makers, service providers, and members of excluded or hard-to-reach groups. To find out more please see UCL website.
- Must be Band 6 or over
- Must have been working in Homeless and Inclusion Health for a minimum of 3 years
- Must provide evidence of Continuing Professional Development in this field
- Must be able to commit to online sessions on Thursdays 1-3 pm every week for 7 weeks (from 29 April to 10 June 2021)
- Must have written support from the line manager to permit attendance
- Must confirm a commitment to continue working in Homeless Health services after completion of the course
- Must be willing to share learning with colleagues.
Applicants must agree to keep in touch with the QNI and The Company of Nurses and to present their feedback on the impact of the education programme and the difference it has made to the health of the people served.
To apply, please use the Application Form below and return it to [email protected] by 5 pm on Monday 1st March 2021.