Nurse leaders, new Queen’s Nurses, and specialist practitioner students honoured.
21 June 2019
The Queen’s Nursing Institute Awards Ceremonies 2019 were held at the Royal Garden Hotel in London on 21 June, attended by almost 500 community nurses and guests.
The following presentations were made:
- Fellowship of the Institute was conferred on Suzanne Gordon, Alison Hopkins MBE, Stephanie Lawrence RN and Michelle Mello RN.
- The Fund for Innovation and Leadership Award certificates were presented by Dr John Unsworth QN.
- New Queen’s Nurses were presented with their badges and certificates by Suzanne Gordon (afternoon ceremony) and Dr Ruth May, CNO, England (evening ceremony).
- The Queen’s Nurse Executive Leadership Programme certificates were presented by Sir Richard Thompson, Trustee, the National Garden Scheme.
- The Queen’s Nurses Aspiring Leadership Programme certificates were presented by Dr Ruth May.
- The Dora Roylance Memorial Prize for best Health Visiting student was presented to Abibat Jimoh by Dr John Unsworth.
- The Ellen Mary Memorial Prize for best General Practice Nursing student was presented to Catherine Dineen-Thomas by Ms Gill Boast QN.
- The Philip Goodeve-Docker Memorial Prize for best District Nursing student was presented to Liane Worth by Mr Nigel Goodeve-Docker.
Fellowship of the Institute
Fellowship of the QNI was awarded to:
- Suzanne Gordon, Journalist, Author and Patient Safety Advocate.
- Alison Hopkins MBE, RGN, MSc, DN Cert, Chief Executive of Accelerate CIC.
- Stephanie Lawrence, RGN, RNChild, DN, QN, ANP, Executive Director of Nursing and Allied Health Professionals, Leeds Community Healthcare and Leeds GP Confederation.
- Michelle Mello RN, BSc (Hons), MSc, PGCE, National Clinical Lead, Personalised Care Group, NHS England.
The full press release, including the names of all new Queen’s Nurses, can be downloaded below.
There are almost 1400 Queen’s Nurses in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Photographs of the event can be viewed and downloaded from this link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7r6HqiBjpnX41hQn7 . If you need higher resolution images for press purposes, please contact us. Please quote our photographer, Kate Stanworth, if you reproduce images in the media.
Press Contact: Matthew Bradby [email protected] 020 7549 1408