Links to online homeless health resources
On this page we have included some links to various online resources that may be of use to nurses working with homeless clients. This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the resources that are available. However if you know of an online source of relevant information, please let us know.
Access to Primary Care
- Gatekeepers: Access to Primary Care for those with Multiple Needs, Ben Wilson and Paul Astley.
- An unstable start. All Babies Count: Spotlight on Homelessness, Sally Hogg, Alice Haynes, Tessa Baradon and Chris Cuthbert.
- Co-occurring substance misuse and mental health issues, Public Health England.
End of Life Care
- End of Life Care Resource Pack, St Mungo’s.
- End of Life Choices: Talking about end of life choices with people who are homeless, Dying Matters.
- Smile4Life guide for trainers: Better oral care for homeless people, NHS Health Scotland.
Migrants and Asylum Seekers
- No Recourse to Public Funds Network: A network of local authorities and partner organisations focusing on the statutory duties to migrants with care needs who have no recourse to public funds.
- Medical Justice: Working for the health rights of detainees.
- FEANTSA: Homelessness in a European context.
- The Health Needs of Asylum Seekers, Faculty of Public Health.