Links to online homeless health resources
On this page we have included links to some online resources for nurses working with homeless clients. This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the resources available: if you know of an online source of relevant information, please let us know.
- Hostels and Temporary Accommodation guidance (Groundswell)
- People who are sleeping rough (Groundswell)
- Guidance for Hostel of Day Centre Providers
- “Londoners sleeping rough will be given vital protection from coronavirus as the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, with support from the Government, secured 300 hotel rooms in which they can self-isolate over the coming weeks.”
- Leaflet about the current situation with asylum support (from Asylum Support Appeal Project aka ASAP)
- Helping services in the homelessness sector respond during the pandemic (Homeless Link)
- Homelessness and Covid-19 FAQs (Homeless Link)
- Specific risks to the homelessness sector from Covid-19 (Homeless Link)
- Weekly webinar: COVID-19 and Homelessness Services (Homeless Link)
- Adult safeguarding and homelessness: a briefing on positive practice
The purpose of this briefing is to assist senior leaders, such as members of Safeguarding Adults Boards (SABs), as well as commissioners, practitioners and operational managers who are working across relevant sectors and agencies in this field, to support people who are homeless and at risk of or experiencing abuse or neglect. https://www.local.gov.uk/adult-safeguarding-and-homelessness-briefing-positive-practice
- Primary Care and Community Respiratory resource pack during covid-19
- The Primary Care Respiratory Society
- Covid-19 symptom checker
- Covid-19 Information Governance advice for health and care professionals
- Covid-19 Information Governance: how to manage and share information appropriately.
- PPE for hostels / voluntary sector
Do the services within need PPE stocks? Your CCG should be able to loop you in to their PPE process. In London the voluntary sector sites that require PPE are being directed to the closest NHS Trust.
Access to Primary Care
- Gatekeepers: Access to Primary Care for those with Multiple Needs, Ben Wilson and Paul Astley.
- An unstable start. All Babies Count: Spotlight on Homelessness, Sally Hogg, Alice Haynes, Tessa Baradon and Chris Cuthbert.
- Co-occurring substance misuse and mental health issues, Public Health England.
End of Life Care
- End of Life Care Resource Pack, St Mungo’s.
- End of Life Choices: Talking about end of life choices with people who are homeless, Dying Matters.
- Smile4Life guide for trainers: Better oral care for homeless people, NHS Health Scotland.
Migrants and Asylum Seekers
- No Recourse to Public Funds Network: A network of local authorities and partner organisations focusing on the statutory duties to migrants with care needs who have no recourse to public funds.
- Medical Justice: Working for the health rights of detainees.
- FEANTSA: Homelessness in a European context.
- The Health Needs of Asylum Seekers, Faculty of Public Health.