International Community Nurse of the Year Award
This award of International Community Nurse of the Year celebrates the contribution of international nurses and recognises one outstanding nurse who has been working in England as a registered nurse for the last 1-3 years.
The Award for 2021 was presented at the QNI Awards Ceremony on 13th December 2021 jointly to Marc Rodriguera and Dennis Singson. The QNI would like to congratulate them both. Read our full press release here.
Information about the Award in 2022 will be posted on our website when it becomes available.
Essential Criteria for Nominees for the Award (2021):
- Registered Nurse (NMC)
- Trained and registered as a nurse outside of the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
- Resident and working in England as a Registered Nurse for a minimum of one year and less than four years
- Working in any community setting – including a community hospital/hospice, general practice and adult social care/care home
- Been in post for a minimum of one year and in a substantive position (either part time pro rata or full time)
- Nomination for award made by the Registered Nurse’s line manager.
- Line manager able to provide evidence of exceptional performance and commitment to serving their community (outputs from projects/improvement/ feedback from peers/team/manager)
Individual attributes that will be assessed by the Panel:
- Evidence of a commitment to community nursing (learning about community, innovation introduced, motivated to undertake their professional development in the community setting)
- Demonstrates highest quality patient care at all times (patient and/or peer reports to team manager and/or line manager)
- Demonstrates professional integrity, role models and contributes to education and development of other team members (patient and/or peer reports to team manager and/or line manager)
- Has led or contributed to a service improvement that has demonstrated benefits to patients, carers and staff. This includes contributions to improve issues related to equality, access to services, supporting international colleagues to settle in the UK, contributing to diaspora or other voluntary organisations.