Queen’s Nurses are committed to learning, leadership and high standards of practice and patient care.
The Queen’s Nurse programme brings together community nurses who want to develop their professional skills and who share common values, with a shared title.
The title of ‘Queen’s Nurse’ is available to individual nurses who have demonstrated a high level of commitment to patient care and nursing practice.
All nurses, health visitors and midwives with five years’ experience of working in the community are eligible to apply. Nurse managers, General Practice Nurses, specialists and educators are also eligible; please read the detailed guidance for more information.
The Queen’s Nurse title will:
- Connect you with a supportive network
- Link you with a regional QN group
- Provide formal recognition of your commitment to improving care
- Provide access to our free developmental programme, bursaries and networking
- Entitle you to attend the Queen’s Nurse annual meeting
- Provide other learning and leadership opportunities.
The Queen’s Nurse programme is generously supported by The National Garden Scheme.