Become a Queen’s Nurse
Promoting the highest standards of patient care in the community.
Applications for the title of Queen’s Nurse are now closed for 2019. Applications will re-open in January 2020.
General criteria required to apply for the Queen’s Nurse title:
- Currently registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (please make sure your NMC record is up to date)
- Minimum of working five years in a community or primary care setting
- Currently working in England, Wales or Northern Ireland with people in their own homes or other community-based settings
- Working in the community setting for a minimum of 50% of your time
- Known to direct line manager for a minimum of one year
- Must not be under investigation by the NMC or employing organisation
- Must not be the subject of any disciplinary proceedings