Become a Queen’s Nurse
Promoting the highest standards of patient care in the community.
UPDATE: We are no longer accepting applications for the year 2021.
Outcomes of this year’s applications will be available at the end of August and we will contact all applicants at that time.
Please check our website at the beginning of 2022 for information about the next opportunity to apply.
2021 Queen’s Nurse applications
How will I know if my application and additional contributions have been received and is being assessed?
You will have received separate automatic emails confirming when your QN application and additional contributions were received.
Please note that your application will not be progressed for assessment if the full application and additional contributions were not submitted. In such circumstances, your application will be designated incomplete. It was the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application and all additional contributions were submitted on time.
General criteria to apply for the Queen’s Nurse title:
- Currently registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (please make sure your NMC record is up to date)
- Minimum of working five years in a community or primary care setting
- Currently working in England, Wales or Northern Ireland with people in their own homes or other community-based settings including education
- Must have support from your direct line manager who has managed you for at least six months
- Must have support from your professional/clinical lead who has worked with you for at least six months
- Must not be under investigation by the NMC
- Must not be under investigation by your employing organisation
- Must not be the subject of any disciplinary proceedings.
Technical Help During the Application Process
Please remember that this is a new system. However, you may find the following trouble-shooting tips helpful:
- If you can’t find an email from the QNI with the correct link:
- please look in the junk folder in your mailbox
- please make sure to check the same mailbox you included in the form (personal or work)
- Accessibility issues:
- please complete the form on your personal device rather than using an NHS computer
- try using the ‘Incognito’ option on your web browser
- try moving to a different IP address
- please consider using a different email for the purpose of this application only.
If you have any other queries, please provide as much information as possible about your system (what computer are you using, what browser, what email software, etc.) so that we can look for other solutions. Thank you.