Become a Queen’s Nurse
Promoting the highest standards of patient care in the community.
Applications for the title of Queen’s Nurse are now closed for 2019. Applications will re-open in January 2020.
The deadline for applications this year was Thursday 28th February 2019 and documents received after this date will not be considered.
General criteria required to apply for the Queen’s Nurse title:
- Currently registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (please make sure your NMC record is up to date)
- Minimum of working five years in a community or primary care setting
- Currently working in England, Wales or Northern Ireland with people in their own homes or other community-based settings
- Working in the community setting for a minimum of 50% of your time
- Known to direct line manager for a minimum of one year
- Must not be under investigation by the NMC or employing organisation
- Must not be the subject of any disciplinary proceedings