Become a Queen’s Nurse
Promoting the highest standards of patient care in the community.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to the ongoing impact of the Covid-19 situation, we are sorry that we are unable to offer a second opportunity for Queen’s Nurse applications this year. We will continue to review the situation for 2021.
General criteria required to apply for the Queen’s Nurse title:
- Currently registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (please make sure your NMC record is up to date)
- Minimum of working five years in a community or primary care setting
- Currently working in England, Wales or Northern Ireland with people in their own homes or other community-based settings
- Have had the same direct line manager for a minimum of one year. This is an absolute requirement; if you decide to submit an application without meeting this requirement, it is unlikely that your application will be successful
- Must not be under investigation by the NMC
- Must not be under investigation by your employing organisation
- Must not be the subject of any disciplinary proceedings.
Unique Reference Number
In order to apply you first need to register for a URN (Unique Reference Number). Please note, we are not issuing URNs at this stage.
The application process
The full application process and guidelines will be advised on our website at the next available opportunity.