Become a Queen’s Nurse
Promoting the highest standards of patient care in the community.
You can now apply for the title of Queen’s Nurse.
General criteria required to apply for the Queen’s Nurse title:
- Currently registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (please make sure your NMC record is up to date)
- Minimum of working five years in a community or primary care setting
- Currently working in England, Wales or Northern Ireland with people in their own homes or other community-based settings
- Working in the community setting for a minimum of 50% of your time
- Known to direct line manager for a minimum of one year
- Must not be under investigation by the NMC or employing organisation
- Must not be the subject of any disciplinary proceedings
The application process:
- Read the guidance and frequently asked questions (below).
- Request your Unique Reference Number (URN) by Thursday 31st January 2019 (now closed). Please note, we are not issuing any URNs after this date. If you missed this deadline, please consider applying next year.
- Complete the Queen’s Nurse Application Form.
- Request evidence in support of your application from your line manager (Manager’s Contribution Form).
- Request evidence in support of your application from your patient/colleague/student (depending on your current role) from 2 people (Patient’s Contribution Form).
- All the completed forms, including contributors’ forms, must be returned to us by Thursday 28th February 2019.
We currently only accept applications with a valid 2019 URN that have been requested between 2-31 January 2019.
The final deadline for applications is Thursday 28th February 2019. ALL completed forms, including contributors’ forms, must be returned to us by this date. Documents received after this date will not be considered.