The aim of this chapter is to:
- know more about relevant health and safety standards and legislation
- effectively manage risks to personal and patient safety while nursing
- assess the risks presented by your patients and take sensible preventative actions
- have greater awareness of the safe administration and monitoring of medicines
- report any safety incidents
- use some models of reflection to guide your continuous learning
- record your reflections whilst working through this online resource.